Vanilla Loaf Cake with Black Tahini Swirl …topped with swirls of chocolate b…
Vanilla Loaf Cake with Black Tahini Swirl ?
…topped with swirls of chocolate buttercream! You know I love making these swirl cakes and this combo is just delicious. It’s nutty thanks to the black tahini (the brand I’ve used takes black sesame seeds and slowly roasts them before a double grind for deeper flavour – its naturally black in colour) which pairs well with the double dose of vanilla in the almond sponge mix. Plus that chocolate buttercream balances everything with a delicious sweet finish.
How-to over in stories/highlights – plus written recipe below! ?
Preheat oven to gas 4/180c and line the base and sides of a standard loaf tin with parchment.
CAKE INGREDIENTS + METHOD:
170g baking margarine
170g golden caster sugar
2tsp vanilla bean paste
– mix the above together until pale and fluffy, then add:
155g self-raising flour
100g almond flour
1tsp baking powder
2 medium eggs
– tip: alternate adding the flour and eggs to prevent splitting. Give everything a good mix for a couple mins (medium speed on my mixer).
– then remove 1/3 of the cake mix and mix in 1.5tsp black tahini paste
– to match the consistency of the of vanilla 2/3 I added a cap of milk (a little splash)
–line your loaf tin and add the cake mixes, alternating and swirling as you go (you can see this in the how-to).
– pop in the pre-heated oven for approx 55 mins. Check after about 45mins just in case! Remove and cool completely before icing.
ICING INGREDIENTS + METHOD
125g icing sugar (sieved)
80g softened butter
2tbsp cocoa powder
a cap of milk (a little splash)
– really whip it all up (I use a stand mixer with the beater attachment) until super creamy. A good few mins on medium-high speed. Spread it all over the cake and (optional) top with a few white sesame seeds.