These crispy potato croquettes are all kinds of delicious, with added smoked ham…
These crispy potato croquettes are all kinds of delicious, with added smoked ham, creamy mozzarella and fresh thyme! ?
albertbartlett asked me to get creative with an easy recipe that’s perfect forsummer holiday snacks or a dinnertime treat! I’ve used their award-winning Rooster potato variety (which are super buttery and nutty) to make some rather delicious smoked ham, mozzarella and thyme croquettes. Feel free to sub-out any fillings to suit what you have in the fridge; these are so easy to keep veggie too!
SWIPE for step-by-step images, recipe below and in stories:
For the filling:1/2 bag Albert Bartlett Rooster Potatoes
3-4 slices ham (chopped small)
1/2 ball mozzarella (chopped small)
80g garlic and herb cream cheese
3-4 fresh thyme sprigs (stalks removed)
Pinch sea salt & black pepper
– Bake potatoes for approx. 1hr (gas 5) until soft and cooked through. Cool and
mash until as smooth as you like.
– Combine with above fillings and form into croquettes.
For the breadcrumb coating:
2tbsp any flour
2tbsp each regular breadcrumbs and panko (mixed)
1 whole egg + splash milk (mixed)
– Roll each croquette into the flour first, then the egg mix, then the breadcrumbs to
create a nice outer shell.
– heat approx. 1-inch vegetable oil in a pan until hot enough to shallow-fry (drop a
breadcrumb in to test – it should have fast/small bubbles fizzing around it). Pop the
oven on low to keep things warm if you’re cooking in batches.
– Shallow-fry the croquettes for about 45 seconds on each side, until golden all over.
Pop on a piece of kitchen paper to drain any excess oil.
– Done! Enjoy with some aioli dip or as they are.
Ooo… how utterly fabulous ???
These look so crunchy and yummy ?
These look insane!?
The best croquettes ???!!
Sooooo gooood ?
Oh my! Yes ?
So scrumptious ?
They look so perfect ??
These look delicious??
Oooo yes please to these ??♀️
Can never say no to croquettes?
Love this ❣️❣️
Nice page!! Check out my baking feed if you love desserts ✨
Looks absolutely delicious ?