These crispy potato croquettes are all kinds of delicious, with added smoked ham, creamy mozzarella and fresh thyme! ?
albertbartlett asked me to get creative with an easy recipe that’s perfect forsummer holiday snacks or a dinnertime treat! I’ve used their award-winning Rooster potato variety (which are super buttery and nutty) to make some rather delicious smoked ham, mozzarella and thyme croquettes. Feel free to sub-out any fillings to suit what you have in the fridge; these are so easy to keep veggie too!
SWIPE for step-by-step images, recipe below and in stories:
For the filling:1/2 bag Albert Bartlett Rooster Potatoes
3-4 slices ham (chopped small)
1/2 ball mozzarella (chopped small)
80g garlic and herb cream cheese
3-4 fresh thyme sprigs (stalks removed)
Pinch sea salt & black pepper
– Bake potatoes for approx. 1hr (gas 5) until soft and cooked through. Cool and
mash until as smooth as you like.
– Combine with above fillings and form into croquettes.
For the breadcrumb coating:
2tbsp any flour
2tbsp each regular breadcrumbs and panko (mixed)
1 whole egg + splash milk (mixed)
– Roll each croquette into the flour first, then the egg mix, then the breadcrumbs to
create a nice outer shell.
– heat approx. 1-inch vegetable oil in a pan until hot enough to shallow-fry (drop a
breadcrumb in to test – it should have fast/small bubbles fizzing around it). Pop the
oven on low to keep things warm if you’re cooking in batches.
– Shallow-fry the croquettes for about 45 seconds on each side, until golden all over.
Pop on a piece of kitchen paper to drain any excess oil.
– Done! Enjoy with some aioli dip or as they are.