RECIPE: roasted hazelnut and GOLD chocolate chip (basically caramac) brownies ?
Flaky, crinkle top ✔️ Amazing flavour ✔️ Fudgy texture ✔️ …What more do we need in a brownie? Make them!
INGREDIENTS & METHOD
(For a standard brownie pan amount)225g butter (ideally salted)
225g dark chocolate (I used 54% chips)
225g sugar (115g light muscovado + 110g golden caster)
1tbsp vanilla extract
– melt the above ingredients together in a saucepan (low heat). Once melted, set aside to cool.
– At this point pre-heat your oven to gas 4 / 180c.
3 large eggs
– whip these using a stand mixer on high for about 5 mins, until voluminous (helps to create that flaky crinkle top).
155g spelt flour (I like the nutty flavour wholegrain spelt adds, but regular plain flour will work fine)
1tsp baking powder– once the melted chocolate mix has cooled a little, fold in the flour and baking powder. Then add the whipped eggs.
100g chocolate chips (I used gold, but white works nice. Any are fine)
65g chopped roasted hazelnuts
– fold in the fillings, and the brownie mix is done.
– line a 9″ square pan with parchment (bottom and sides) and pour in the brownie mix. Cook in the middle-high part of the oven for 35min.
– remove and let cool completely before slicing. I cooled mine in the fridge for instant fudgy texture and because I wanted to eat them asap!