Herby, Garlic Butter and Red Onion Christmas Wreath Potatoes …My herby garli…
Herby, Garlic Butter and Red Onion Christmas Wreath Potatoes ?
…My herby garlic butter potatoes have got all dressed up for Christmas!
AD > I was so excited when albert_bartlett asked me to create this easy-yet-impressive ‘Christmas Wreath’ inspired potato dish with their nutty Rooster potatoes. It’s all kinds of comforting, and it makes for a fun twist on any festive dinner spread!
SWIPE for step-by-step images, recipe below:
1.7KG Albert Bartlett Rooster Potatoes (2/3s of a bag)
2 large red onions
For the herby garlic butter:
80g butter – melted
60g nice olive oil
3 large garlic cloves – minced
Small bunch of fresh parsley – roughly chopped (approx. 15g)
Generous pinch of sea salt and black pepper
To finish (optional):
2-3 sprigs of rosemary – roughly chopped
1-2tbsp olive oil
Scattering of fresh parsley
Cooking time: 1hr 20mins
Pre-heat the oven: Gas mark 6/200C
– Using a mandolin, carefully slice the potatoes (skin on) & red onions into thin slices. Wash the potato slices under cold water to remove a little of the starch (the residual water will also help with the cooking process) & set aside.
– Mix all ‘garlic butter’ ingredients together in a large bowl and toss through the potatoes to lightly coat.
– Vertically arrange the potato slices & red onion in a round oven-proof dish (a cake tin could also work!); piling together small stacks of the slices as you create a circle. Alternate between potato & onion to create a nice pattern, then repeat in the middle (if your dish is large enough) or fill with a small stack of potatoes.
– Brush the underside of a piece of tin foil with a little olive oil & cover the dish. Pop in the oven for 45mins.
– After 45mins, remove the foil from the dish & turn the oven down to gas 5/190C. Brush over a little more olive oil & it return to the oven for the remaining cooking time, or until golden brown & cooked through. – Optional: during the last 10mins brush over a little more olive oil & tuck in the fresh rosemary. After removing from the oven, scatter over fresh parsley to emphasise the ‘Christmas wreath’ effect & serve!
Looks great Emy ??
This looks absolutely incredible! ?
These looks so beautiful ?
Looks divine ???
Stunning. So simple but just perfect! ????
Yum!! Looks delicious Emy ?
Wow looks incredible???
They look so good! ?
That looks absolutely delightful!!!
Carb heaven ??
Super festive and delicious!?
Looks so festive!
Looks like Ratatouille!!?
This looks soo good ?
? this makes me hungry ???
This looks like a piece of art. It’s so pretty and delicate than we’d think twice about eating ( to preserve the beauty ) though the mind marvels in the thought of “ what would this be best served with?” ? You’re very talented! Hope you had a lovely time eating this.
Absolutely amazing ??
This looks divineeee ?