Studies have shown that excessive body fat or bad cholesterol levels in the human body can be adjusted through proper diet. Excess body fat increases the risk of heart attack and stroke.
High cholesterol, medically known as ‘hypercholesterolemia’, is caused by the accumulation of fatty and weight-bearing substances in the blood vessels. This reduces the body’s blood flow and increases the risk of chest pain and sudden seizures. This level of cholesterol, which accumulates in the body without any warning, can only be detected through a blood sample test.
A proper diet of cholesterol-lowering foods can protect heart health from bad cholesterol.
* Whole grains called oats, millet, barley etc. can be included in the diet. The beta glucan in these has the ability to destroy the bad cholesterol accumulated in the body.
* Legumes like beans, peas, red rajma are rich in protein. They are capable of reducing blood pressure and blood lipids that affect the heart.
* Nuts such as almonds, walnuts, peanuts are also beneficial to include in the diet in proportion. They are also good for the heart as they produce good cholesterol. These foods are rich in fiber and minerals.
* Scientific studies say that the medicinal properties of garlic are powerful in reducing body fat. Allicin, a chemical in garlic, lowers cholesterol in the body and protects the heart.
* Berries are high in fiber. Red Raspberries, Sweet Cherries, Blueberries, and Strawberries can help balance body fat, according to a study. It is good to include these in the diet which are rich in antioxidants.
However, proper diet along with doctor’s advice is very important to protect yourself from accumulation of bad fat in the body.
How many cups of coffee can you drink per day?
For many here, mornings are incomplete without the energizing drink called coffee. While there are various health-related opinions about such coffee, a new study has excited coffee lovers that even if a person drinks 25 cups of coffee per day, nothing will happen.
There was a belief that high levels of caffeine in coffee could cause heart disease. Sudden heart attack is also possible. However, millions of people around the world drink coffee every day.
In this case, Queen Mary University of London conducted a study on 8,000 people. According to this, in the study of the coffee drinkers who drank one cup, three cups and several cups daily, no one had any harm from coffee.
Thus, this study concluded that even drinking up to 25 cups of coffee per day does not cause any harm. Coffee lovers rejoice that the national drink of coffee has been saved by this news!